What 2021's Census Revealed About Grendon, North Warwickshire
The Office of National Statistics Census (ONS) 2021 has provided an insight into Grendon Parish, that can help us as a Parish Council understand more about our demographic.
These are some of the things that the Census has revealed:
- At the time of the Census there were 1,900 living in our Parish, over 60% of which were in active employment.
- The age of our population ranged from under 4 to over 85! However, there was a fairly even distribution of ages except for young people aged between 15 and 24, where numbers were well below average.
- Fortunately most of our residents are in very good, or good health, with less than 3% of our community in bad health or worse.
- We also have an abundance of families in our Parish with 74% of households being a single family household, which is above the national average of 63%.
- Although 54.5% of our community are not classified as "deprived" by the ONS, a third of our population are considered to be deprived in one dimension, and nearly 12% in over two dimensions. (Please see ONS' definition of household deprivation variables).
The Census itself has a wealth of information about the community that we serve. To find out more please visit the ONS' page on Areas, type in Grendon, and then chose Grendon, North Warwickshire, then click on custom profiles (you need to scroll down on the page) and then choose what information you would like to see in the left hand nav.